Our Kathmandu
We love Kathmandu, or "the 'du," as our friend Chance has christened it. Everywhere you look, it's National Geographic come to life: colorful Hindu 'sadus' roaming, monks in coffee shops with iPhones, nests of tangled electrical wires enmeshing the umbrellas of passersby, craftsmen, color, bustle, motorcycles, mud, monkey, elephants. Due to battery issues and having three little guys in tow, I missed getting shots of some of the more cultural sites we saw, but here is a look at some pieces of what we see and do in this great city - how we "do the 'du." Enjoy.


































Thank you for so many photos! I tried to look at each one and notice what made it look like India, rather than any spot in the U.S. Sometimes there are certain elements that are familiar, but the particular combinations in one place are what make it so unique. Many details of each image seem familiar, but the whole looks foreign. I felt like I took a stroll through this incredibly city. Thanks for sharing the experience!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Katie Mae, I also felt like I took a stroll through the du.
ReplyDelete